Meeting minutes for September 7, 2016

Meeting Minutes
September 7, 2016
Approved November 9, 2016

Call to order and roll call: The meeting was called to order at 6:05 p.m. by President Linda Sagese. Present were Maureen McDole, Vice-president; Diane Drutowski, communications director; Courtney Walker, membership director; and Sandy Allen, Librarian (ex-officio.)

Minutes and Treasurer’s report: No minutes or treasurer’s report were available.   Linda Sagese moved to have board members review and approve both at our next meeting. Courtney Walker seconded. The motion passed.

Motion: Linda Sagese moved to change the order of the agenda to accommodate attendees’ schedules. Diane Drutowski seconded. The motion passed.

Author events: Maureen McDole reported both the September and November events are set. November is Native American history month, which ties in with our authors. Linda will check with Monika Finley about refreshments for September 12. We have water.

The first two 2017 author events will be February 13 and April 10. The April 10 event will tie in with the Keep St. Pete Lit Sunlit Festival. Maureen will work on getting authors.

Book sale: We will add a second book sale on Saturday, December 3, and plan to continue with two books sales per year.

Summer reading program: Sandy Allen reported that the children’s program was scaled back and started late this summer, but went well. The Friends’ contribution pays for entertainment. Members recommended the Nomad Art Bus and MakeMe Studio as possible children’s activities for next summer, and will give Sandy contact information.

First Night – New Year’s Eve: The Friends will not participate in any activities this year.

Membership: Courtney Walker will continue to update and coordinate membership lists. She will be in contact with Sandy about new memberships that come in through the library. She and Linda Sagese will check with Monika Finley about our existing PayPal account. Any memberships we take for the remainder of 2016 will also include 2017.

Mailouts: Linda Sagese suggested we mail postcards to people who don’t use email or Facebook.

New members: We need more people to help with running the organization.

Partnership/Literacy reception: Sandy Allen requested a contribution for refreshments for a reception on October 15 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. Linda Sagese will obtain the latest treasurer’s report and make a recommendation based on how much money we have available.

Allocation: We will discuss the direction of future allocation of our money at the next meeting. Currently, we support the children’s summer reading program and refreshments at events, but we also want to spend money on more tangible items for the library.

Next meeting: The next meeting will be Wednesday, November 9, 6:00 to 7:00 p.m., five days before our next author event.

Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 6:45 p.m.

Submitted by
Diane Drutowski

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under Board, Meeting Agendas & Minutes

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s